If you are a new writer who has been offered a contract or representation by an agency you found on the internet, play it safe and make sure they are legit. Unless you are seeking self-publication, no publisher or agent should be asking you for money. A helpful resource for checking up on publishers and agents are the websites Predators and Editors and Writers Beware.
Looking for a publisher for your book? Check out the most recent edition of The Children's Writers and Illustrators Market. You can also look online at "Colossal Directory
of Children's Publishers."
FOR A CLEARINGHOUSE OF HELPFUL WRITING AND PUBLISHING SOURCES, LOG ONTO MY WEB PAGE: RESOURCES FOR CHILDREN'S WRITERS.
- TREE HOUSE IN A STORM: (Children's Fiction Book, Stemmer House Publishers, 2009)
- Blind Ambition (nonfiction, Highlights Magazine, Jan. 2009). AWARDED "AUTHOR OF THE MONTH" by Highlights for this story.
- Blind Ambition (nonfiction, Educational Testing Service. Originally published in Highlights magazine)
- The Holiday House (fiction, Highlights Magazine-TBA)
- The Victory Coop (fiction, Highlights Magazine-TBA)
- The Ski's No Limit (nonfiction, Scholastic Scope, Jan. 2008)
- Mismatched Socks (poem, Pockets Magazine, Jan/Feb 2008)
- Why Does Skin Get Wrinkly in Water? (nonfiction, "Ask Science World." Scholastic Science World, May 2011)
- The Come Back (fiction, Catholic Forester Mag., Spring 2008)
- From the Inside Out (Nonfiction science/nature, Birds and Blooms Mag., Sept. 2006)
- To Catch a Fairy (poem, Dragonfly Spirit e-zine, Sept. 2005)
- Michael's Dance (poem, Itty-Bits of Bliss poetry anthology, 2006)
- Not So Little (poem, InspiredMoms e-zine) 2006
- The Write Stuff (Writer and editor of monthly column: Kidsville News/Middlesex)